FoCal is designed for computers running Windows and Mac OSX with the following minimum recommended specifications:
- Core 2 Duo at 2GHz or similar specification (or more powerful)
- 2GB RAM (3GB or greater recommended)
- Screen resolution of 1024×768 (1280×1024 or greater recommended)
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Mac: OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite and OS X 10.11 El Capitan (partial OS X 10.12 Sierra support*)
- FoCal licence allows access to run on both Windows and Mac platforms
FoCal can run with a less powerful CPU however some operations may run slowly.
*OS X 10.12 Sierra support: FoCal 2.4 is working and supported for Nikon dSLR cameras with Sierra but will not control any Canon dSLR cameras when running on Sierra based systems.
Please see the Supported Cameras page for details of cameras which work with FoCal and their supported FoCal Mode.