FoCal is designed for computers running Windows and Mac OSX with the following minimum recommended specifications:
- Core 2 Duo at 2GHz or similar specification (or more powerful)
- 2GB RAM (3GB or greater recommended)
- Screen resolution of 1024×768 (1280×1024 or greater recommended)
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Mac: OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.11 El Capitan and OS X 10.12 Sierra*
- FoCal licence allows access to run on both Windows and Mac platforms
FoCal can run with a less powerful CPU however some operations may run slowly.
* Please note OS X 10.12 Sierra with certain Canon dSLR cameras may require a work-round at the connection stage
see blog entry Reikan FoCal 2.4 MR1 for details.
Please see the Supported Cameras page for details of cameras which work with FoCal and their supported FoCal Mode.